These peanut butter fat bombs are one of the most satisfying snacks you will ever have! They contain only a few ingredients and are so easy to make. Keto, Vegan, Dairy-Free, and Sugar-Free.
If you are looking to curb any hunger pangs in a jiffy then one of these peanut butter fat bombs will certainly do the trick! If you are a peanut butter fan (hello.......yes I am) then you will love these!
I always keep some of these fat bombs stored in the freezer for an easy to reach snack. The fat and protein content in these will curb my hunger instantly and leave me feeling full!
I love to think of these fat bombs as cravings busters. These tasty little peanut butter treats taste nutty, creamy, slightly salty, and slightly sweet.
I am not following a Keto diet myself but I do find I feel much better and have more energy when I eat low carb/fat and protein-based snack as opposed to a carbohydrate-heavy based snacks.
However, whether you are following a strict Keto diet or not .........having a protein and fat dense snack such as these fat bombs can really fill you up and help stop any blood sugar fluctuations which can result in afternoon crashes.
A filling protein and fat-rich snack like these peanut butter fat bombs can also help reduce any afternoon sugar cravings.
Like any snack or treat, these peanut butter fat bombs need to be eaten in moderation. As the name suggests they are high in fat!
The Naturopath in me feels the need to point out that not everyone does well eating high fat and low carb. Many people do ......but some don't......if you have liver, gallbladder, pancreas, or cardiovascular issues then eating high fat/low carb may not be for you.
I don't believe in sticking to strict diets long-term (unless you have allergies or reactions to certain foods). Your body needs variety - this is important for your microbiome and diversity in your gut.
I am digressing but the health nut in me sometimes needs to come out.....
If you are limiting carbs make sure you are always eating lots of greens and getting lots of fibre in your diet. When it comes to health, food, and diet there is no one size fits all folks! Do what works for you and your body!
In saying all of that I love these peanut butter fat bombs and they are a favourite in my house. They help give me sustained energy and are pretty darn tasty. I hope you enjoy them too!
Additional Recipe Notes
- Melt all of the ingredients until you have a smooth creamy liquid using the double boiler method. Place the ingredients in a glass bowl over a saucepan half-filled with about 1 inch of water. Bring the water to the boil and then let it simmer while the ingredients melt in the glass bowl. This should take 3-5 minutes.
- You could also melt the ingredients in a microwave, add ingredients into a bowl, and heat for about 30 seconds. Stir until you have a smooth creamy liquid then add your sweetener at the end (I don't have a microwave so haven't tried this method myself).
- Use a good quality smooth natural peanut butter with no additives, it should be quite gloopy and runny.
- You can pour the liquid for the fat bombs into individual silicone moulds, or a muffin tin with paper liners. I find it easy to make them in individual moulds then place them on a small flat baking tray and slide them into the large ice tray compartment in my freezer so everything is flat while I wait for them to set. You can also place them on a plate and put them in the freezer.
- You can sprinkle the fat bombs with extra sea salt on top if desired.
- You will need to freeze these fat bombs for at least 30 minutes, check them, and only take them out once they are solid. These do need to be stored in the freezer or they will melt. Store them in an airtight bag or box.
Ingredient swaps and variations
- I have used stevia drops in these peanut butter fat bombs to keep these sugar-free and Keto. I also like them not too sweet. If you don't like the taste of stevia or don't mind if they have sugar in them then maple syrup or honey will work well. Once you have melted the ingredients (minus the stevia) stir in the sweetener of your choice. Start with a small amount and sweeten and taste until the liquid is sweet enough for you.
- I have used a mix of coconut oil and raw cacao butter. I really like the consistency that using both ingredients give the fat bombs - kind of like peanut chocolate without the cacao. If you don't have raw cacao butter you could use just coconut oil with the peanut butter.
- To make these peanut butter fat bombs Paleo friendly you can replace the peanut butter with almond butter.
Other snack recipes:
Out of lunchbox ideas? Check out 50 Healthy Snacks for Kids, a selection of healthy snacks, savoury and sweet gluten-free snacks that kids will love!
These gummies are a favourite for kids and adults and are so satisfying! These homemade gummies are made with real fruit and have no added sugar.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for peanut butter fat bombs. Please let me know how you got on and leave a star rating, I love hearing from you!
Have a lovely week!
- ½ cup peanut butter (smooth)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw cacao butter
- 5 - 15 drops stevia liquid* taste, add as desired
- 1 teaspoonn vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- In a medium saucepan bring 1 inch of water to the boil. Reduce to a simmer then place a heatproof glass or metal bowl over the top of the saucepan. (For more detailed instructions see notes below)
- Add all of the ingredients into the glass bowl apart from the stevia, stir constantly until everything is melted and you have a smooth liquid.
- Add the liquid stevia, stir, taste and add more if desired.
- Place 10 silicon muffin or cupcake moulds on a baking tray or plate or use a muffin tin and line with paper liners.
- Pour about 3 tablespoon into each mould.
- Place the moulds into the freezer ensuring they are flat, freeze for about 30 minutes until hard.
- Keep the peanut butter fat bombs in the freezer stored in an airtight bag or container.
- You can either melt the ingredients for these peanut butter fat bombs using the double boiler method following or in the microwave - please see note 2. For the double boiler melt all of the ingredients until you have a smooth creamy liquid using the double boiler method. Place the ingredients in a glass bowl over a saucepan half-filled with about 1 inch of water. Bring the water to the boil and then let it simmer while the ingredients melt in the glass bowl. This should take 3-5 minutes.
- For the microwave - add the ingredients into a bowl, and heat for about 30 seconds. Stir until you have a smooth creamy liquid then add your sweetener at the end (I don't have a microwave so haven't tried this method myself).
- I have used stevia drops in these peanut butter fat bombs to keep these sugar free and Keto. I also like them not too sweet. If you don't like the taste of stevia or don't mind if they have sugar in them then maple syrup or honey will work well.
- For additional tips and variations please the notes in the blog post.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gSodium 16mgCarbohydrates 2gSugar 1gProtein 4g
This nutritional information is an estimate only and is provided as a courtesy to readers. It was auto-generated based on serving size, number of servings, and typical information for the ingredients listed in the recipe card. Please feel free to use your preferred nutrition calculator. Please consult your doctor about any specific dietary requirements.