These easy peanut butter oat squares make the perfect quick snack! They contain only 3 simple wholefood ingredients and no baking is required. These will become a new family favourite.....kids love them!
After 6 weeks at home one thing that has become apparent is the need for ready to go snacks. Particularly on days where I am trying to work, homeschool and play dinosaurs, pirates and make puppet shows!
We are definitely going through way more snacks than before we were housebound and as we are trying to limit shopping to strictly once a week only then making our own snacks works out well, particularly if we run out!
These peanut butter oat squares contain only 3 ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Peanut Butter
Yes that's it! No unwanted additives or hidden ingredients like you can often find in store bought snacks.
My little boy is a huge peanut butter fan (if I'm being honest so am I) so these are a winner in my house. He loves to help make these oat bars and is pretty proud of his results at the end as they are super tasty.
This recipe is so easy you really can't go wrong, it is a great recipe to keep up your sleeve for getting the kids to help in the kitchen.
How to make step by step:
- Melt the honey and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Stir the oats through the honey and peanut butter.
- Place the mixture in a prepared tray and pop in the fridge to firm and they are done!
- It couldn't be much easier right? Then cut into squares or bars to your preferred size.
Additional Recipe Tips
- You can use any type of peanut butter for these squares, smooth is easier to melt but I have also made these using crunchy. Crunchy peanut butter may need to be melted for a bit longer than smooth and you will need to stir it regularly while melting to ensure it doesn't stick to the pan and burn.
- You could also use a microwave to melt the peanut butter and honey.
- I always use natural peanut butter with no added sugar or salt.
Other easy snack recipes you might like to try:
No Bake Pineapple and Coconut Slice
If you are a peanut butter fan (like me) then you also might like to try these peanut butter fat bombs.These peanut butter snacks are so satisfying!
Looking for protein-rich or post-workout snack? These peanut butter protein balls contain 4 gm of protein per serve and are delicicious!
Looking for other snack ideas for kids? Check out: 50 healthy snacks for kids.There are so many tasty snacks to choose from that are gluten and dairy free.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know how you get on in the comments below – I love hearing from you!
For more tasty recipes and to see what I’ve been getting up to you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter.
If you decide to make this recipe for peanut butter oat squares tag me #lovefoodnourish on Instagram – I love seeing your creations!
Peanut Butter Oat Squares (No Bake)
Healthy peanut butter oat squares. An easy no bake snack that has only 3 ingredients!
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- Melt the honey and peanut butter together in a pan on a low heat until the mixture is smooth. Stir regularly so it doesn't stick to the pan.
- Stir the melted mixture through the oats until evenly combined.
- Place the mixture into a prepared baking or slice tray. Press the mixture down firmly with your fingers or the back or a spoon.
- Place in the fridge to firm up for 30-45 minutes. Cut into squares or bars or your preferred size.
Please see additional notes in blog post.
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 124Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 62mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 4g
This nutritional information is an estimate only and is provided as a courtesy to readers. It was auto-generated based on serving size, number of servings, and typical information for the ingredients listed in the recipe card. Please feel free to use your preferred nutrition calculator. Please consult your doctor about any specific dietary requirements.
Leave a Reply