30 Plant-based soup recipes that are filling, delicious, and healthy! These vibrant, tasty Vegan soup recipes make for easy, tasty comfort food.
This year I am all about making easy, healthy, cost effective meals that go a long way. Hello soup..... soup is usually a staple in our house but this year even more so.
What better way to use up all your scraps, stalks enjoy a nutritious packed meal while not letting any of your precious veggies go to waste.
As we are mostly dairy-free in our household due to various intolerances creamy soups are a no go but you can easily get creative with other ways if you are missing that creamy texture from your soups.
Different ways to replace dairy and include protein when making vegan and plant-based soups....
- Add beans, pulses or lentils, to really bump up the nutrition content of your Vegan soup and make it more filling.
- Blend up stalks of cauliflower or broccoli can add more density to your soups and make them lighter in colour like a creamy version of your favourite soup.
- Blended white beans or soaked cashew nuts, both of these can add a creamy dairy-free texture to your Vegan soup and add some extra protein.
- You can easily add a spoon of peanut butter or almond butter to certain soups like pumpkin or butternut squash soup, you can't taste it but it does make your soup thicker and add some more protein and fat making it more filling.
- Cream can easily be replaced by coconut milk, coconut cream, or unsweetened almond or cashew milk can often work.
- Nutritional yeast, miso paste or coconut aminos can add a good depth of flavour if you are missing cheese or you can simply grate some dairy free cheese on top.
These soup recipes are colourful, cosy, and delicious, there is something here to suit all taste buds. I hope you find a few recipes that catch your eye to try!
Thank you to the talented food bloggers that have contributed to this post with their creative and tasty soup recipes.