These creamy lemon coconut balls make a tasty healthy snack – they are low carb, gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. With a delicious blend of zesty lemon and creamy coconut these bliss balls are an easy to make no bake snack!
(This was originally published November 2018)
I’m a big fan of all things lemon and coconut, so these lemon coconut balls are a match made in heaven for me! They remind me of a lemon cheesecake but are most definitely a more healthy version in a convenient bite sized package!
I am always on the lookout for healthy unprocessed snacks that can be easy to grab and go or pop into lunchboxes.
My little boy adores these and prefers them to any other flavoured bliss balls including the ones with chocolate or cacao!
That is fine by me as these are a little less stimulating with the added benefits of some vitamin C goodness from the lemons.
He loves helping me roll them into balls – especially as he gets to do it twice – once into a ball then once again into the desiccated coconut.
Additional Notes for making Lemon Coconut Bliss Balls:
- I have used raw honey in lemon bliss balls – the delicate flavour of the honey really compliments the zesty tangy lemon. If you would like these bliss balls to be vegan you could easily replace the honey with maple syrup.
- If you would like these bliss balls to be sugar free you could use liquid stevia instead. Start off with a small amount such as 5 drops, blitz and taste, add more if desired.
- If you are in a warmer climate then it may help to put the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes before rolling into balls.
How to store bliss balls:
These can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. They also can be frozen for up to 3 months.
For other bliss ball recipes you may like to try:
For other healthy snacks you may like to check out:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Have a lovely week!
Creamy Lemon Coconut Bliss Balls
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashews * Soaked overnight or quick soaked
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbpsn coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbpsn coconut milk
- 2 Tbspn raw honey or maple syrup
- zest 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut for coating balls
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender. Blitz until combined and you have a dough like consistency. Taste to see if sweet enough for you, add more sweetener if desired.
- Roll into balls.
- Place 1/4 cup desiccated coconut on a plate or chopping board. Roll the balls in the coconut to coat them.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Can also be frozen and used when needed.
-To soak the cashew nuts either leave overnight place cashews in a covered bowl, pour enough tepid water over them to cover them rinse and drain in the morning or you can put them in a covered bowl with hot water for 10 minutes, then rinse and drain. -This nutritional information is an estimate only and is provided as a courtesy to readers. It was auto-generated based on serving size, number of servings, and typical information for the ingredients listed in the recipe card. Please feel free to use your preferred nutrition calculator. Please consult your doctor about any specific dietary requirements.